At Coopers we care about our tenants. We always ensure that the properties we handle comply with all necessary safety regulations and that landlords are aware of their obligations under a tenancy agreement.
With our fully-managed properties, we always respond to your maintenance issues promptly and keep you updated on how your issue is being resolved. We also visit every three months, at a time that is convenient and pre-arranged with you, so that we can make sure that you are happy in your property.
How to Apply for a Rental Property
|First Adult Applicant
|Subsequent adult applicant(s)
||£90 per student
||£75 each as required
Example 1 – 2 adults applying for a property will pay a Referencing Fee of £175 + £75 = £250
Example 2 – 2 adults with 1 guarantor will pay £175 + £75 + £75 = £325
Example 3 – 3 students with 3 guarantors will pay (£90 x 3) + (£75 x 3) = £495
Other Fees May Apply
|Tenancy Agreement Fee
|Tenancy Renewal Fee
||A maximum of £100 is accepted on credit cards
|Changes 72 hours of the tenancy start date
|Late Payment Fee
||£30 per month when rent is more than 3 days late
All fees above are inclusive of VAT. Payment can be made by debit/credit card or bank transfer.
Please note that we do not accept cash.
- Complete the Application Forms and pay the Referencing Fee – 1 form per adult tenant and per guarantor. Forms are available from our website or our office. All applications must be accompanied by each prospective tenant’s original documents that allow them to live in the UK. A full list of acceptable documents is available from Coopers or from the Home Office website.
- Prior to formal referencing your application is passed to the Landlord for their consideration. If you are not accepted at this stage, your Referencing Fee is refunded.
- Once your application is accepted in principle by the Landlord, the property is taken off the market. Formal referencing begins via Homelet, a national referencing agency, who will contact you by email with further instructions. The email must be responded to within 48 hours of receipt or the property will be placed back onto the market and your Referencing Fee will not be refunded. If you fail your referencing, then the Referencing Fee will not be refunded.
- Once referencing is complete a move-in date will be arranged. An appointment will be made to sign the Tenancy Agreement in our office and all tenants and guarantors must be present at the signing of the agreement unless otherwise agreed. Your first month’s rent, deposit and Tenancy Agreement Fee will be payable on this day.
- You must now complete your standing order mandate form for the payment of future rent – limited to one per tenancy.
The deposit is usually equal to one month’s rent + £100, but can vary depending on individual circumstances and personal preference of the landlord. This deposit is returnable to you at the end of your tenancy unless there are rent arrears or undue damages to the property. Your deposit will be protected within Government approved Tenancy Deposit Scheme.